Thank you for your interest in the media kit for the REAL-LIFE courtroom drama, Almost A Murder, (available NOW!) and in authors Jim Lloyd and Jody Seay.
The following digital pieces of the “Almost A Murder” media kit are for professionals reviewing the book. Please contact us directly if you have additional questions, would like to schedule an interview or for a print media kit or a full digital media kit.
- ISBN: 978-1-938282-22-5 (Hardcover)
- ISBN: 978-1-938282-21-8 (Paperback)
- ISBN: 978-1-938282-24-9 (eBook)
- audio coming soon
- LCCN/CIP: 2014022590
- PRICE: $32.00 (Hardcover), $19.99 (Paper) price may vary
- PUBLICATION DATE: May 5, 2018
- PUBLISHER: Koho Pono
- DISTRIBUTOR: Ingram, Baker & Taylor
- SUBJECTS/BISAC: Memoir, Legal thriller, Drama: American
- REGIONAL SUBJECTS: Oklahoma, Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Sand Springs
ONE PAGE AUTHOR BIOGRAPHIES
- Jody Seay
- Jim Lloyd
- SPEAKER BIO (coming soon)
- SAMPLE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS (see below; more questions are available upon request)
Sample Interview Questions for “Almost a Murder” JIM LLOYD
- Jim, you are a “Son of Oklahoma” and have spent most of your life keeping tabs on your part of the world to make sure the people causing unjust suffering don’t get away with it. So what part of the state are you from and what would folks there make of what we’ve just come through about [current headline that would interest the audience]?
- In your years of going up against powerful people, and I’m going to speak specifically here about the people in the book and also powerful corporations that you battled throughout your career, did you ever consider that they would have so much at stake or get so mad that they might take it out on you physically – try to hurt you?
Book Excerpt: The Deputy Sheriff took you aside and told you, “Always carry a gun, young man, and don’t go to work the same way each day. We intercepted a call made from the courthouse to the Kansas City Mafia. You’ve got a contract out on you. Better get a remote starter for your car. Remember Judge Nelson? He got blown up. He didn’t have a remote starter.”
3. Follow up question: So how could you keep working effectively?
Sample Interview Questions for “Almost a Murder” JODY SEAY
- You were raised a nice girl, in the South, in a right-wing family, by a highly religious mother and a staunch republican Daddy, your grandpa was a cattle rancher… so, what happened?
Alternative Question: What part of Texas are you from? What would folks there make of what we’ve just come through [talk about a headline that would interest the audience]?
- Where did the desire come from, the passion to write about murders and lawyers and social justice?
Jody talks about the genesis of the book and working with co-author, Jim Lloyd, and (if there is time) the other hero in the book, Nancy Lloyd.
LOW / HIGH RES IMAGES: BOOK, AUTHORS (Others are available upon request)
More Pictures (see below)
- Jody Picture 1 – in cowboy hat next to saddle
- Jody Picture 2 – serious author pic (younger Jody)
- Jody Picture 3 – B&W; in glasses, looking up
- Jim Picture 1 – small smile
- Jim Picture 2 – serious
- Jim Picture 3 – hands on hips
- Jim Picture 4 – superman pose
- Release Date November 3, 2018 – Jody Wins “The SAMMY AWARD”
- Release Date November 3, 2018 – For Jody’s Induction into the TX Radio Hall of Fame
- Release Date October 28, 2018 – For Book Launch Event at B&N
- Release Date October 2, 2018 – For Wrongful Conviction Day
- Release Date October 2018 – For Domestic Violence Month
- Release Date October 12, 2018 – For Moment of Frustration Day
- Release Date October 27, 2018 – For Make A Difference Day
- Sample Release Date February 13, 2019 -Day Before Valentines Day
- Sample Release Date May 1, 2019 – For Law Day
Good news… It’s finally happening! Our book launch / author’s signing is Sunday, October 28th from 2-4 pm at Barnes & Noble on 71st Street in Tulsa. You are invited. Bring a friend or two and join us. My co-author, Jody Seay, will be there along with several people mentioned in the book. (Spoiler Alert: some will be related to me). Photo ops are encouraged.
8620 E 71 Street
Tulsa, OK 74133